Welcome to the All Saints Putney. The Parish of Putney comprises two churches, St. Mary’s on Putney Bridge and All Saints’ on Putney Common just off the Lower Richmond Road.
We are a very lively parish in the liberal catholic tradition but made up of people of many different styles. We aim to be a place of spiritual, intellectual and emotional refreshment.
We seek to give people the chance to learn and grow in their faith through challenging sermons and a variety of education courses.
The Annual Parish Christmas Fair was, once again, a roaring success (Ho, Ho, Ho!). Thanks to everyone who helped.
We are an inclusive church that will give a warm welcome to everyone. We are a Christian family made up of all sorts and that’s the way we like it. I hope you will get the chance to visit us soon and find out for yourself. For more information, please see About Us
Christmas Services at All Saints’ Church
- Sun 23 Dec at 8pm – Festival of Lessons and Carols by Candlelight
- Mon 24 Dec at 4.00pm – Crib Service – this year there will be a Crib Service at both All Saints’ and St Mary’s – this service is for children
- Mon 24 Dec at 11.30pm – Midnight Mass
- Tues 25 Dec at 10.30am – Parish Eucharist for Christmas Day
Christmas Services at St Mary’s Church
- Sunday 2nd December 6pm – Advent Carol Service. A candlelit celebration of hope and expectation followed by mince pies and mulled wine. With ‘Churches together in Putney’ Choir
- Sunday 16th December 6pm – Christmas Carol Service.Traditional service of Readings and carols by candlelight.
- Monday 24th December 4pm – Christmas Eve Crib Service – The Children act out the story of the birth of Jesus.
- Midnight Mass 11.30pm – Traditional celebration of the first Eucharist of Christmas.
- Tuesday 25 December 10am- Christmas Day Family Eucharist. All age Holy Communion with Carols
PLEASE NOTE: No Lunchtime Communion on December 26th or January 2nd. Sunday Services will be as usual.
Dates this year:
Sunday 6th January – Epiphany
Sunday 13th January – Baptism of Christ
Sunday 3rd February – Christingle Service
Wednesday 6th February – Ash Wednesday
Sunday 2nd March – Mothering Sunday
Sunday 16th March – Palm Sunday
Thursday 20th March – Maundy Thursday
Friday 21st March – Good Friday
Sunday 23rd March – Easter Sunday
WIPP -We look forward to seeing you at the next WIPP event which is a talk by Harley Street nutritionist Dr Mark on Tuesday 15th January at 8pm in the Brewer Building at St Marys church when he will be talking about ‘How to boost your Immune system’. All are very welcome.
CRIB SERVICE— 24th DECEMBER 4.00pm – If you are interested in your child (Reception upwards) participating in the service. We need crowd control & helpers too. Rehearsal after 10am service on Sunday 23rd December.
NEW CRECHE Being set up for toddlers aged between 1 and 3 years. But we need volunteers to help run it. If you would like to help, probably once a month please contact Kat or Sophy
Burns Night Supper – an evening of Scottish bagpipes, 3 course meal including Haggis, Neeps & Tatties, Robbie Burns poetry, a few wee drams of whisky and, of course, wild Scottish dancing! At St Mary’s on Sat 26 Jan at 7.30pm. Tickets £20 per head (£10 conc) places are strictly limited. Get a table of 10 together and pay only £190. To reserve your tickets please contact Susie
Coffee being served at St Mary’s! Please come and join us for a relaxed cup of coffee upstairs after the morning service. This is a good time for parishioners to meet one another, catch up and for the kids to get together also When the weather is fine the terrace overlooking the Thames is as fine a place as any for a leisurely coffee. Do join us!
NEW MID WEEK SERVICES AT ALL SAINTS
Starting Monday 30th April the following pattern of services will apply
- Monday – Friday 9.15am Morning Prayer
- Tuesdays 8pm Eucharist
- Thursday 10.30am Eucharist followed by coffee
- SINGING AT ST MARY’S – Ever considered joining the choir at St Mary’s? We’re looking for as many people as possible to become involved in the musical life of the church. St Mary’s Choir meets every Tuesday from 8pm – 9pm; why not come and join us? You do not need to have had any experience of singing in a choir before, although an ability to read music would be helpful. We will be singing a wide variety of music in the coming months, both old and new, and contributing to a variety of Morning Eucharist and Caritas services.
- Parish Media Advertising – If anyone in the congregation has a service or a business that they would like to advertise in either the parish magazine or on the Friends of the parish page of this website the team would like to hear from them. The parish magazine is produced approximately bimonthly. If you would be interested in finding out more please contact either Rachel Julia for web advertising please contact Anthony.
- Mother and Toddler Group for Children with special needs – A group for mother’s with toddlers who have special needs takes place at St Mary’s every Wednesday between 10-11.30am.
VISITORS and NEWCOMERS
Newcomers are constantly moving in and we try to get to know them as quickly as possible and make them feel at home among friends.
If you are new to the parish and would like to be contacted, please write you name, address, postcode and telephone number down on a piece of paper and pass to a church warden / sidesperson / member of the clergy (check out the Who’s Who page for assistance!). Please also include the names and date of birth of any children you have under the age of 18 years old. We look forward to meeting you!
We rely heavily on the generosity of the congregation for the financial support for the church. If you would like to donate, please use one of the following forms and return to Richard Holman c/o the Parish Office:
Standing Order Form – a form to enable you to set up a monthly payment from your bank to the church.
Combined Standing Order Form and Gift Aid Declaration – as above, but will allow the church to treat all donations as gift aid, meaning that the church can reclaim tax from the government.
Gift Aid Declaration with notes – should be completed to accompany any one off payment to enable the church to reclaim any tax from the government.
Our Recent Articles
An excellent air purifier buying guide will help you identify which air cleanser is right for you. Some air purifiers are excellent to begin with yet not another.